4-16-12 (First Off Day!)

Yesterday was my first off day, and I was pretty lazy. I got up to say goodbye to Annette, who had class in the morning, but then went back to bed and really didn’t get up until noon. Dave and I talked about baseball and other topics, and then he took me to the MARTA station at 2:45 before heading off to an appointment. I spent the 40 minute train ride catching up on some Words with Friends games and some emails that I had neglected. I got to the Airport around four o’clock, went through security, and went to find the Chick-fil-A.

I had the spicy chicken sandwich, and wasn’t overly impressed. It reminded me of a Wendy’s spicy chicken sandwich. Don’t get me wrong it was good, but I wasn’t blown away or anything. It was my first experience with the Coca-Cola branded fountain soda dispensers with a touch screen. I’m not a big soda fan, but the number of options those things have is amazing. I went with Diet Dr. Pepper with Cherry, and then refilled with Dasani water infused with lime. I think they had about seven different variations of Sprite, and countless other variations.

I read a digital edition of Sports Illustrated as I waited for my flight, which wasn’t scheduled to take off until 6:55. The flight wound up being delayed 15 minutes or so. If that’s the worst delay I experience this season, I will be more than happy, in fact, I’d be ecstatic. On the plane I watched the first two episodes of Eastbound and Down, which probably wasn’t the wisest choice because there are some inappropriate parts since it’s aired on HBO. Friends have talked about it for a while, but I had never gotten around to actually watching it, so I downloaded the episodes (legally, from iTunes) at Annette and Dave’s, and put them on my iPad for the trip.

I got into O’hare at 8:15, and took the 25 minute train ride to the Logan Square stop, where I walked back to Alex’s. It is Jess’ birthday today, and they had cake and ice cream! I tell myself that it was also a welcome home dessert for me. I left at 9:30 and was planning on going back to my parent’s in Fort Atkinson. My girlfriend, Victoria, texted while I was on my way and said she didn’t have to work until 11am this morning, so I drove to Madison instead. I got in just before midnight, and my first real off day was a success.

I’m extremely grateful that Alex and Jess, and Annette and Dave, were willing to host me for a few days. People like them allowed me to (try) and make this dream come true. I will always be appreciative of what they’ve done for me.

The Brewers game is in just under five hours, and I need to get moving. I’m meeting with a guy who works for the company that owns the major Madison radio stations before I head out. More to come later.

Personal Stats:


Miles Driven: 151.9
Miles riding in car but not driving: 2.2
Public Transit Miles: 32.8
Flight Miles: 600


Time inside stadiums: 39 hours 58 minutes
Time on stadium grounds: 55 hours 15 minutes
Miles driven: 446.4
Miles riding in car but not driving: 235.4
Public Transit miles: 136.2
Flight Miles: 1,200
Sausages: 10 (2 Italian, Bratwurst, Cheddarwurst, Polish, 3 Hot Dogs, Bison Dog, Corndog)
Pitches missed: 9
Longest streak of pitches seen: ~ 1,050 (4/6 – 4/10)
Current streak of pitches seen: 0 (I’ll fix it, I swear)
Percentage of pitches seen: 99.70% (2,979/2,988)
If you want to learn more about Be The Match and how you can help, CLICK HERE

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s